Wednesday, March 26, 2014

From old to new — cultural identity and you

http://www.ukessays.com/essays/cultural-studies/the-dynamics-of-globalization-and-culture-cultural-studies-essay.php

“There is always a fracture between where I live and where I come from. I don’t think it’s possible to resolve this fracture. I saw that it was not just me, it was a shared phenomenon among immigrants.”
I have been interested in cultural identity forever.


When I talk about Poland with my foreign students,
I usually focus on introducing Polish "national character”, Polish Way. We debate on analogies and replication in social behavior of the Poles’ generations from the down up to present national customs, which form the Polish attitude. We talk about differences and similarities between the Poles and other European nations. My students also talk over the importance of the cultural universe, distinguishing features of the national character and traditions, as well. The lecture awakens students to Poland’s war with Communist rule, the Solidarity Movement –in 1989 official name of the state: Polish People's Republic became the history. This was a historic moment for all Europe; the a free and democratic Republic of Poland was born.

I have always felt Polish and being Polish is meaningful to me. My family has a long history. We have always been Polish; there are documents proving this.

Moreover, I feel that Polish history talks about my past and present family times, or another way around.
I am interested in your opinion about cultural diversity. What does it mean to be Canadian, French, Italian, American, German or British? Is your background significant?


 

1 comment:


  1. I stumbled upon this article doing some research on Effects of Globalization . I find your article to be useful with good points, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete